Monday, September 25, 2006

Contracts

I am puzzled about modern football.

I don't expect club loyalty, I fully understand that players are professionals and play for money. The days of Matt Le Tissier are long behind us.

What puzzles me is when a player, like Ashley Cole, signs a contract and then thinks they can go and get a deal elsewhere and that they should be free to do it.

Players need to learn that when they sign a contract they have to honour it unless BOTH sides agree to rip it up. Maybe one day one of these mega rich chairman coming into the came will turn around and say "look son you have a contract and you are staying. You can sit your bum on the bench for two years and stuff your England career."

It'll never happen but I can dream.

1 comment:

ramo said...

It will happen when the thing goes out of control, if it ever goes out of control.

Blog Status

This blog is on beta blogger. I believe blogger has now fixed the comments problem.