Wednesday, October 18, 2006

British Tennis

We've always accepted British Tennis is a bit of a joke.

Ok Messers Henman and Rusedski have performed ok without winning a grandslam but at least they have been moderately succesful. But the women? Oh come on if one woman wins a single round at Wimbledon its a shock!!

As it is injury is taking its toll on Rusedski and Henman is a veteran who is a dangerous floater.

BUT we have the boy Murray and I want him to lose!! Why? well I suppose it his miserable disposition "Oh I'm earning lots of money I'm SSSOOO depressed". I just find him darned irritating.

Then again if I was a young kid would I be inspired by Tim "Mummy and Daddy have a tennis court in their garden and are Wimbledon members" Henman or by Andrew "Mum is a tennis coach" Murray? Well if I was a kid? no!! Most of us don't have coaches for parents or parents who have a court in their garden.

I don't see why I should support someone because they are british. I support them because they excite me, becuase they are great to watch, because they have personality.

I'd like to see a British woman who I could have an opinion on!

No comments:

Blog Status

This blog is on beta blogger. I believe blogger has now fixed the comments problem.